News

Gowar Fire

'This story should be a warning to us all: do not leave cooking unattended.'

A few weeks ago, a fire broke out in Gowar Hall. It occurred on the fourth floor and was caused by an unattended pan on the hob. Fire crews from Egham and Staines ran in to tame the fire.

No one was seriously injured, and no evacuations were needed. However, a female student was recently treated for smoke inhalation. The kitchen was also severely damaged and is not being used anymore.

Most of the fire alarms are set off in kitchens and caused by students cooking. These alarms should not be necessary. This story should be a warning to us all: do not leave cooking unattended.

 

0 comments on “Gowar Fire

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: